JOB TITLE: Coordinator TADIO
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTING LINE: Board
DATE OF ADVERT 20 October 2018
We are seeking for an experienced Coordinator to nurture a young and strong media network that promotes community media in Tanzania by increasing awareness to the public and by fostering access to information to remote communities through community and local radio’s.
A/ Main roles and responsibilities
The Coordinator of TADIO shall have all his duties agreed with the Board and will report directly to them. His main responsibilitieswill be the following:
- Overall Supervision, Coordination Leadership & Management of TADIO and its assets (Office, Website and Production Studio and all working equipment);
- Invigorate the life of the network by facilitating and liaising with all CR members (More than 30 members) on programmes / project issues, on content production and promotion, on content sharing and future revenue sharing;
- Overall Planning and Budgeting of TADIO agreed with the Board, will act as the main officer to execute TADIO’s approved budgets;
- Be the Main Spokesperson for the Secretariat in the adequate forums;
- Responsible for the design, implementation and reporting of activities agreed with the Board through annual and quarter plans;
- Establish key partnerships (MDA’s; Government local entities; Civil Society Organizations and NGO; private sector) to promote and develop TADIO;
- Define a Resource Mobilization plan and fundraise new resources by developing new projects through Proposal writing and organization of events;
- Ensure the role of a Public Relations Officer when required and in accordance with TADIO’s board
Academic Qualifications required
- MA, BA Degree in one of the following areas: Journalism / Mass Communication; Social and / or economic studies, Business management / Project management, Public administration.
- BA Degree in one of the related areas is mandatory.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in leadership positions in Civil Society Organisation’s and / or NGO’s involved in social and economic development of rural areas in Tanzania.
- Knowledge of the target Radio audience and an ability to align content for rural communities;
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and implement the organization’s legal documents (Including its constitution) and strategic plan;
- Ability to implement TADIO’s Strategic plan according to the timeframe;
- Knowledge of the Tanzanian legal framework of the media landscape and general Media trends at national and global level(Sound knowledge of the Media industry challenges);
- Must be familiar with other media institutions in Tanzania;
- Proven skills in multimedia productions, including radio programme production and broadcasting;
- Ability to translate creative ideas into Media content;
- Ability to organize and run training workshops, debates and discussions;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Swahili;
- Proven excellent communication skills (PR);
- Proven record as an excellent Coordinator and Team leader;
- Must not be a member of TADIO or any other community media network;
- Should be self-motivated and upstanding, have a strong working discipline and be an autonomous person
D/ How to Apply:
Applicants are kindly requested to send their applications documents to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: 04 November 2018. At 16:00Hrs GMT
The application documents to be submitted include a copy of updated CVs and copy of academic certificates which is mandatory. Two letters from referees pined with passport size picture of the referees. Applicants will be short-listed on the basis of their qualifications and work experience. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.